Sunday, August 10, 2008

Restaurants with the Austins


After a fun Saturday afternoon at the pool we decided to go to Panda Express for dinner. Just as with other trips to restaurants, we made quite a mess. This mess, however, was particularly bad. Emboldened by her growing table manners and our insisting that she was a “big girl”, Annie decided to handle her ice-cold water with one hand. After we stripped her of her soaked clothes, and failed to find any dry replacements in the car we resumed our beef broccoli and kung pow with Annie in nothing but her princess undies. Meanwhile, Ethan was struggling to get his fried rice and chow mein from his plate to his mouth. My rough estimate is that around 42% made it. The rest ended up in his high chair and on the floor. The area around our table promptly began to attract flies. Soon a diligent employee made his way to our table. Without a word, he revealed a large, orange CAUTION cone and placed it directly in front of our table. After returning with a mop and cleaning supplies, he proceeded to clean up the mess. One glance at each other and Cami and I burst out into exuberant laughter, solidifying the other patrons’ beliefs that we were white trash. In my best Alabama, accent I boasted to the employee, “At the last place we went, they’s had tuh put yella tape ‘round our table.”

8 comments:

Jenni said...

This happens to us everywhere we go...although I can't say we have been yellow coned yet. I love your blog and I'm so glad I found you. You guys look like such a happy family and one of these days we are going to be able to get together and meet each others kids.

Heather said...

Oh dear...I haven't laughed that hard in a while...thanks for the gut buster.

Dave Peery said...

Dude, that is classic. We can totally relate.

Kierst said...

That's so great! I just found your blog from Halsey's. It's your favorite stand partner!!! It's fun to see what you're up to. You have an adorable family! I saw the pictures Dana took too. I would love to hear from you sometime. You can email me at kiersten@musicalsmiths.com. I'm so glad I found your blog!

t.t.turner said...

CAMI! I can't believe I found you! I was looking at Halsey's blog, and all of a sudden saw "Cami Austin" and got so excited. Okay, I haven't even begun to look at your blog because I had to send this first, but anyway... can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Tally
http://tayandtalturner.blogspot.com

The Van Leuven Family said...

That is probably one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I'm glad you guys can just have a good time with it. I've learned that's what you've gotta do with these little ones.

Beth said...

You guys are hilarious! My kids always make a huge mess at "pandas" (that's what Anna calls it) too.

Gustaveson Family said...

When you see those signs in restaurants that say, "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" I believe they were dedicated to us when we use to take Haleigh & Heather and her cousins out! I think everyone has a few great restaurant stories! Yours is awesome. We miss seeing you! Next time you go south! CALL! Your family is beautiful!